Monday, June 27, 2005

Why We Knit.

(The title of this post is a very bad take-off on a very bad episode of Angel. Sorry.)

I started knitting for a number of reasons - enough, in fact, to justify a list.
  • Jess, Mindi and Katherine all stayed at my house in December. They were all knitting. I felt SO LEFT OUT.
  • I want to make myself pretty clothes.
  • I can crochet, but pretty much nothing but hats, because I don't know how to do it properly.
  • I used to know how to sew, but I forget now and anyway I don't have a machine.
  • I needed something to do with my hands.
  • I can't afford to buy presents for everyone I love.
  • I already owned a LOT of yarn from the crocheting days (I've gone through many phases with that).
  • I got a knitting book for Christmas.
That really doesn't cover it, as it all sounds rather like I had no active interest or participation in the process. But as far as lists go, it'll do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home